On each node, a single pool of storage is created from single or multiple disk devices.
For cluster based setups, the pool storage on each node is distributed across the cluster.
This is a scale out replacement for traditional SANs.
A minimum of 3 nodes is required for cluster setups. Think of it as RAID5 or RAID6 for node storage.
- Scale out architecture - all nodes have active storage
- Erasure coding based replication
- Fault tolerant in the event of node failure
- Automatic healing when a node rejoins the cluster
- No split-brain since mirroring is not used
- VM images, snapshots, ISOs and templates are stored as files in the distributed storage
- Supports any disk device including NVMe flash storage
20TB of distributed
& replicated storage
3 nodes in a 2+1 configuration. Cluster storage is 66.6% of the node storage.
VM images and snapshots are thin provisioned files on the local or distributed cluster storage.
- Create thin provisioned VM images in seconds
- On-the-fly LZ4 compression of VM images
- Snapshot VM images
- Merge or rollback snapshots
- Copy snapshots to a backup target
- Create new VMs from templates
- Import VMware VMDK, Hyper-V VHDX, VirtualBox VDI, QCOW2 and raw images
- Import ISOs for VM installation